Many people choose to call us to explore what kind of support and resources might be available for them. Often people find they can take advantage of more of the resources available when they drop in to our friendly, welcoming house on the corner of 8th and J Streets (beside the Co-Op) in Arcata. Whether you prefer one-to-one support or might appreciate tips and support from a group of people who are experiencing similar diagnoses, we are here for you.
If you are newly diagnosed with metastatic cancer, please visit our Metastatic Cancer page on this website.
Please call us at 707-825-8345 to see how we can help. You will be assisted by one of our compassionate warmline volunteers or staff, many who are cancer survivors themselves or have been a support person to someone with cancer.
Drop-in, or make an appointment, at our main office in Arcata or Garbervile. Drop-in when the Warmliners are there in Arcata from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. or make an appointment for a time of your convenience.
How We Can Help You Take The Next Step: Our Experience Client Services Team
- Explain your pathology report
- Orient you to our lending library
Find appropriate resources to address
your medical questions
- Explain standard treatment guidelines
- Team of Warmline volunteers
- Lisa Petterson, RN, Client Services Director
- Mary Meengs, MD, Medical Consultant
- Rebecca Zettler, RN, GYN Support Group Facilitator
- Brenda Elvine-Kreis, Client Services Coordinator
- Madelin Amir, FNP, Breast Health Navigator
Free of charge. Drop In or by appointment (707) 825-8345.
Information is the antidote to fear