The Breast and GYN Health Project web site aims to provide a lot of useful information, including treatment tips for chemotherapy and radiation therapy. BGHP offers a wide variety of services, all free of charge. Please refer to our web page on services for more information.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
In addition to helping people who are diagnosed with cancer, we also have resources for Caregivers and Families. Here are a few ways support people can help people in treatment (without being asked!):
- Provide rides to doctor appointments and treatment appointments - women undergoing radiation therapy often enjoy company
- Offer to take notes at medical appointments
- Provide child care - arrange play dates with other children, attend the children's events such as sport games and recitals, take the children for a sleepover, read to the children
- Bring a movie once a week, return to pick it up
- Prepare and deliver a meal or make meals, breads, cookies that can be frozen and used as needed
- Offer to do the laundry
- Offer to do the grocery shopping - help create the grocery list
- Offer to mow the yard or do other yard work
- Offer to handle the family's recycling
- Offer to clean house, the bathrooms or the kitchen one day a week
- Offer to take care of the animals, e.g., pet the cat, walk the dog
- Deliver a gas card to the family, if appropriate
- Deliver a gift certificate for a healing massage
- Pay for dinner at a restaurant then baby-sit the children while the parents have an evening out together
- Offer to make phone calls or send e-mails to update friends
- Create tapes to listen to during treatment
Gift certificates for laundry service, housecleaning, meals, groceries, videos, bath supplies, lotions. Certificate for massage or make-over.
Questions and Comments
For questions and comments about our treatment tips, please call us at (707) 825-8345.